Yoga can be practiced by men, women and children, and is one of the few exercise practices that can be modified for any age. Our classes are available for members of all ages and all ability levels.
The benefits include:
- Strengthened and toned muscles and joints
- Increased flexibility
- Increased circulation and improved cardiovascular system
- Controlled and reduced stress
- Boosted immune system
There are many styles and forms of yoga. LifeBridge Health and Fitness offers a full class schedule that focuses on various objectives, such as toning different parts of your body, concentrating on movement and balance, or easing arthritis and other ailments.
We offer many classes that you can enjoy, depending on your interests:
Yoga focuses on body alignment and breath work while holding poses. This Iyengar-inspired style simultaneously builds strength and flexibility for all levels of students. Poses are taught with modifications and variations to develop the practice of beginner and advanced students alike.
Gentle Yoga is an Iyengar-inspired class at a lower- or moderate-intensity level. Poses are taught with modifications and variations to develop the practice of beginner students.
Vinyasa Yoga is a more vigorous approach to yoga techniques characterized by flowing poses and sequences that are linked to the breath. Classes are diverse and sequencing will vary with instructor philosophy.
Slow Flow Yoga focuses on slowing down and deepening your practice. This Vinyasa practice focuses on quality transitions between postures and awareness of breath and mind.
Chair Yoga is a gentle form of yoga practiced sitting in a chair or standing using a chair for support.
Yogalates inspires members with a combination of yoga asanas that raise the body’s heat, intense core training of STOTT Pilates to strengthen and tone the core, and stretching to produce energy and a state of inner calm.
Tai Chi is an ancient, soft martial arts discipline that has been proven to lower blood pressure and ease arthritis while promoting longevity and health.
Meditation is a 45-minute class to help you begin to explore different ways of meditating.
- LifeBridge Health and Fitness recommends that participants enter class at the scheduled start time to promote safety and as a courtesy to others in the class. A proper warm-up time ensures that you will have a safe, effective workout.
- Classes are closed 10 minutes after start time. If you are late, please begin in the back of the class.
- Please inform your instructor of any special situations or considerations you may have, such as pregnancy, recent surgery or other conditions.